Your privacy is important to us. This privacy statement describes the online information practices which we Jack Taylor ("we", "our") employ in relating to the information which you, our customers, ("you", "your") provide when using the www.jacktaylordirect.co,uk site ("Website"). By accessing and using the Website you are accepting and agreeing to the practices described in this Privacy Statement.
The Information We Collect
We collect personally identifiable information relating to you including name, address, phone number, e-mail address, credit/ debit card information ("Personal Information") in the following situations:
Information you provide:
When you register on the Website for an on-line account or otherwise contact us to obtain information relating to us or our services (including when you update the "Your On-line Account", "Your Address Book" or "Your Order Details" section of the Website, communicate with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise, complete a questionnaire or competition entry form;
Information collected automatically using "cookies":
Information from other sources:
We receive information from third parties we use in providing services to you from time to time (including delivery and address information from our carriers and account and credit history information from credit bureaux and sources we use to process payments.)
How We Normally Use Information About You
- We will only use your Personal Information for the purpose(s) for which you provide it to us - including, for example, to:
- respond to your enquiries;
- handle orders, deliver items and process payments;
- communicate with you about orders, products, services and promotional offers;
- update our records and maintain any on-line account you may have with us;
- prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our Website; and
- enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf.
We only share your Personal Information with authorised distributors where appropriate and with other entities only as described below. [We ensure the parties with whom we share your Personal Information follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Statement:]
From time to time we employ other companies to perform functions on our behalf including fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending customer communications, analysing data, processing credit card payments and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Promotional offers: if you have consented in advance we send you information on our promotional offers and those offered by other businesses. If you no longer want to receive such offers, please notify us by email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Business transfers: in any transactions (e.g. buying or selling of stores or business units) Personal Information is generally one of the transferred assets
- Fraud / Credit Risk: Where necessary to prevent fraud or reduce credit risk we may exchange your Personal Information with other companies and organisations
- With your consent: other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share your information
Collection of Information by Third-Party Sites
Our website may contain links to other websites whose information practices may be different to ours. You should consult the privacy notices of those third party sites as we have no control over information that is submitted to, or collected by them.
We employ security measures to prevent unauthorised access to information that we collect online.
We use a secure online order form for all purchases made via the Website. All data transmitted via this form (including credit card details) is 128bit encrypted so it is transmitted securely. To verify this, when placing an order using the Website a padlock will appear in your browser. It is normally in the status bar, towards the right hand side, at the bottom of your browser window. You can double click this padlock to verify that the secure certificate has been issued to the Website.
Please note that email correspondence with us is in free format text and cannot be encrypted. Accordingly please do not send any sensitive information such as credit card details or passwords via email.
By navigating around the Jack Taylor website we will assume you are happy with cookies being set by us to improve your experience at Jack Taylor Direct. The cookies enable us and selected suppliers to show you products that we believe you will be interested in.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a very small piece of information in the form of a text file placed on your computer hard drive by lots of the websites that you visit. Cookies allow us to help you get the best out of your visit to the website and improve your user experience, for instance by remembering that you have visited before. They can also be used to make sure that the advertising you see is relevant to you.
For further information about cookies please visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org
In this policy we have used the following categories of cookies:
- Strictly Necessary cookies
This categorisation has been defined by The International Chamber Of Commerce (UK).
Our cookies are used to store basic information, like your user identification. They do not store password or credit card information.
Strictly Necessary cookies
Cookies are set to help support the structure of the pages that are displayed to you. These help the website to function and enhance the look and feel of the website. They also help to improve navigation around our website and allow you to return to pages you have previously visited. This type of cookie only lasts for the duration of the time you are visiting the website. When you leave the website they are deleted automatically.
Cookie are used to provide aggregated statistics on visitors to our websites and their browsing behaviour. This enables us to order the site to make customers’ journeys easier, and if necessary make improvements. The data is aggregated and anonymised, which means we cannot identify you as an individual.
Our cookie will remain on your hard drive until you choose to clear it. If you choose to do this, you will need to enter your details each time you visit the site. It is possible for you to view our website without providing any personal information, but you will need to register your details so we can process any online order you may make. An advantage of registering is that we will be able to contact you about special offers from which you can benefit.
Targeting cookies i.e. Third Party Cookies and Cookies used for Advertising
Jack Taylor may set cookies on your computer and allow carefully selected third parties to do the same while you are browsing our site. These will collect information about your browsing habits and allow us to show you adverts while you are browsing our site and other sites on the internet.
Cookies are used to help us understand the performance of our marketing activity and improve the relevance of the adverts that you see. We use these cookies to display products and services that we think will interest you, both on our website and on other websites across the internet.
Should you wish to disable your cookies from your web browser please see Cookie Maintenance.
You can set your browser to accept or reject all specific cookies. You can also set your browser to alert you each time a cookie is presented to your computer. You can delete ‘cookies’ that have been stored on your computer but remember, if you prevent us from placing ‘cookies’ on your computer during your visit, or you subsequently delete a cookie that has been placed, it will not be possible for you to use our website effectively.
By disabling your cookies from the browser settings, you will be restricting the cookies that Jack Taylor uses to manage its website and this will have an impact on how the website will function. This will apply to all websites once cookies are disabled via your browser settings and not only Jack Taylor websites.
If you would like to restrict or block cookies that are set by us and other websites, you can do this through your web browser settings. Instructions for how to do this for the four most used web browsers are below. For other web browsers, please use the Help function on your browser for details on how to do this. For information on how to restrict or block cookies on your mobile phone, you will need to refer to your handset manual.
Guide to Disabling Cookies using Web Browsers
- Go to the Safari menu.
- Click on the Preferences.
- Click the ‘Security’ tab.
- Under ‘Accept Cookies’, set it to accept, reject, or selectively accept cookies.
- Click on 'Tools' in the menu bar
- Click on 'Options...'
- Click on 'Privacy’ Tab in the top section
- From the drop down box select ‘Use custom setting for history’
- Un -tick the box that says 'Accept Cookies From sites'
- Click OK and Close the screen.
Internet Explorer 7.0+
- Click on 'Tools' in the menu bar
- Click on 'Options'
- Click on 'Privacy' Tab on top section
- Click on the 'Advanced" button
- Select ‘Prompt’ for both ‘First party cookies’ and ‘Third Party Cookies’
- Click OK and Close the screen.
Google Chrome 8.0+
- Click to 'Tools Menu'
- Click on 'Options'
- Click on 'Under the Bonnet'
- Click on 'Cookie Setting' button and tick ‘Block all third-party cookies without exception’
- Close the screen.
Revisions to this Privacy Statement
We reserve the right to revise this Privacy Statement or any part of it from time to time. Please review the Privacy Statement periodically for changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Statement applies from time to time to all information that we have about you.