Monk Fish Tail with Parma Ham
This decadent dish doesn't take long to make but will remain in your recipe book for a long time!
2 Monks tails, membrane removed and cut into cubes
(Also works well with: monk cheeks, cod and rock turbot.)
6-8 slices of Parma ham
1 onion, finely chopped
6 medium mushrooms, finely chopped
½ pt white wine
8oz of double cream
1oz of butter
1. Wrap the pieces of monk tails in Parma ham.
2. Melt 1oz of butter in pan, sauté the onions and mushrooms until soft but not coloured. Add wine and bring to boil then reduce.
3. Place into the bottom of an oven proof dish and place fish on top then season with salt & pepper, and then pour over cream.
4. Place into pre heated oven 180 degrees & cook for 25 minutes.
5. Serve with salad, rice, potatoes or veg.I want to make this! >